Who we are
BeezNest develops tools for the future of education. We strive to make education more accessible for all. We are a team of experts, passionate about solving education problems through Free Software. Under the leadership of a passionate co-founder & CEO, we believe we are changing the world for the better, and we are looking for great people to work with us to increase our reach and impact. Understanding and being involved in Free Software is important to us. We treat our people like family, and most of our team has been with us for the last 8-10 years.
In practical terms, we are looking for a (remote) backend PHP developer to join our small team developing the next generation (v2) of the Free Software Learning Management System Chamilo, using the Symfony 5 framework combined with a VueJS 3 front-end, while providing advanced technical support to our customers on our current software (v1). The workload is split in about 80% development, 20% high-level technical support.
You can check our main project at https://github.com/chamilo/chamilo-lms
1. Key qualifications
- Fluent in PHP 7
- Working knowledge of Symfony
- Working knowledge of Git
- 1+ years building large web applications
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Knowledge of PHPUnit and Behat testing
- Fluent in English and French (spoken and written)
- Sense of precision/perfection in own work (we build to last, not to deliver quickly)
2. Preferred Qualifications
- Vue.js experience
- Mobile applications development experience
- API Platform experience
- Machine Learning modeling and training knowledge is a +
- Understanding of written Spanish is a +
3. What we offer
- Flexible time off + paid holidays
- Full-time remote work (except for initial training time)
- The opportunity to participate to the development of one of the most popular Open Source e-learning platforms, used by more than 30M users worldwide
BeezNest provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants.
Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV in PDF format and your salary expectations.