Alright, so I did release a little brother for Dokeos 1.8.5 Beta today. We needed it for a customer of ours which is in development phase, and we had made a series of small but useful improvements to the Beta 1, so we decided that “why not?” and that a little Beta 2 couldn’t be harmful.
It can be downloaded from here
Basically, improvements are:
- LDAP (tested in authenticated mode and added a field to define which value to search for in trying to recognize a teacher)
- forum post alerts by e-mail
- improved interface for creating new documents
- removal of *many* notice-level warnings
- speed and info improvements on users lists generation
- isolation of exercises (was causing problems when opening an exercise from a link)
- several fixes to buggy statistics for single DB mode
- fixed courses descriptions bug (couldn’t edit course descriptions)
- added informational messages in course copy to avoid user confusion
We are still working hard to try and get a definitive stable version out by the end of May or early June. We still intend to add several features to the whole thing (like *maybe* some kind of web services interface) which do not alter existing functions.
Can’t promise anything right now, but I’ll keep you informed.