I had a big grind looking at a new LMS comparison matrix edited by Docebo… (an Italian open-source LMS solution)
It’s a 6-pages document and the useful information is limited to:
- annual financial data from the three major closed-source LMS software companies
- a list of available LMS
In comparison, these are a few things I noted while reading
- automatic (bad-taste) translation of the document into 12 languages (that they proudly represent by flag on the main page of their site)
- totally un-researched (anybody with a little knowledge of the e-learning platforms market can spot that right away)
- financial data only available up to 2006 (hello… where are the 2 last years, or at least until 2nd quarter last year?)
- 6 pages, basically saying “if your organization is of type X, you should choose docebo). Well OK, that’s marketing, but honestly… there’s marketing and marketing.
Damn, I hate it when wrong data is given to the mass as a specialist view. And damn, do their logo look like a bad copy of Dokeos’… Thanks to Hector for bringing my attention to their site.
And to think that we are preparing a matrix of our own, features based… damn I hope none of that kind of thing will make it into the final document!