I had a big grind looking at a new LMS comparison matrix edited by Docebo... (an Italian open-source LMS solution) It's a 6-pages document and the useful information is limited to:
- annual financial data from the three major closed-source LMS software companies
- a list of available LMS
- automatic (bad-taste) translation of the document into 12 languages (that they proudly represent by flag on the main page of their site)
- totally un-researched (anybody with a little knowledge of the e-learning platforms market can spot that right away)
- financial data only available up to 2006 (hello... where are the 2 last years, or at least until 2nd quarter last year?)
- 6 pages, basically saying "if your organization is of type X, you should choose docebo). Well OK, that's marketing, but honestly... there's marketing and marketing.
I was already angry with docebo: see http://www.dokeos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13002