This article is an extension of the previous article about storing sessions in Memcached with PHP. Using Memcached for sessions storage is generally a matter of speed (storing them in memory is faster than on disk) and of scalability (using a Memcached server allows you to have several web servers serving the same PHP application in a seamless way). In the previous article, we mentioned (3 years ago) that the php5-memcached extension did not seem to manage the storage of sessions quite well, or at least t
If you're in a hurry/on speed, know this:
- this procedure is slightly more difficult (so longer) than installing the charm on Amazon
- you can skip directly to "Installing Juju"
- if you already have juju installed, you can skip to the last 2 lines of the "Installing juju" section
- if you already have juju-docean installed and configured, you can skip directly to "Provisioning VMs"
- otherwise, just continue reading, it's worth a few minutes...
At the beginning of December, BeezNest will be launching its new, low-cost cloud hosting service for Chamilo LMS 1.9.
Just as a self reminder, this blog post explains why php-cgi might hang/stop silently when your load increases, and how to fix it, where it explains (in short) that fast-cgi should have the parameter PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS should equal 1000 or more (this can be done in /etc/default/php-fastcgi on my Ubuntu server). Also worth a look is this page which has nothing to do with fast-cgi but describes how to increase th