- we download the ckeditor sources
- enable wysiwyg, imce and imce_wysiwyg
- put the ckeditor sources in sites/all/libraries/ckeditor (ckeditor.js must be callable as /sites/all/libraries/ckeditor/ckeditor.js)
- fix (if needed) the wysiwyg module to detect ckeditor version 3.6 (see http://drupal.org/node/1143104)
- go into imce configuration and check where to put the files (the default directory is OK for small sites)
- go to wysiwyg profiles definition, select ckeditor for Full HTML profile
- save and edit the Full HTML profile
- check a few boxes in the “buttons” section, *including* IMCE
- change the CSS to default editor CSS (otherwise sometimes you won’t see a thing when you’re editing)
Now if you edit or create any content that allows Full HTML (that can be defined in the content type), you should be allowed to use the images icon *and* to navigate the server files inside the image popup, through the “Server” button.
Of course, most of these steps are made easier through the use of Drush.